Saturday, May 24, 2008

MONTANA!



So-its been really weird weather here in SoCal-rain, hail, tornadoes too! ( Of course I planned a barbeque last night and it poured-no somemores for us! )

and that reminds me-when I visited Montana-it actually snowed! It was entirely to cold for me-and thats pretty much anything under 60 degrees-so when I woke up one morning and it was 16 degrees I pretty much laughed!! On April 20th!! yikes-Well I stayed with the delightful Mary Alice Spencer and her very kind husband -she of the Kitty Litter Cake-check it out on my Flickr account-link on the right! There was a lovely reception- The workshop was incredible-gosh I met the nicest people-thank you all for the honor of letting me come to your beautiful land. The second night Edie hosted us all at her lovely home with the best studio with prize winning view of big skies! I have the best job ever!! Here are some of the things people did-( incredible huh?) more on the flickr- Thank you so much to Becky Smith and Ruth and all that I met!




The last day I had a late flight and so I taught a short funky letters workshop heres some samples above-my colleagues continue to amaze ( and inspire) me!!


also a HUGE THANK YOU to all who have already preordered my book-the response has been overwhelming, gratifying and incredible considering you are all buying something site unseen. I really think you'll like it-some of my daughter's friends were over last night and they thought it was really cool and that is huge! OK-Blogging on Colorado tomorrow and also Mary Engelbreit's bright star Jen Cushman!!

No comments: