Saturday, August 30, 2008

More Events! More craziness!




Oh-I am having Burning Man withdrawals-Its so weird-because when we went three years ago that was the exact same time Katrina hit and now this Gustav thing is heading there. We both said we'd never go again but When I look at the art on the website I get the itch to go again! I still want to do Craft Camp there-any takers? www.burningman.com
I am now daughter less and must write in my blog and be responsible! Please go see the pictures of the party and Art Unraveled and Seattle trip-Nils and Rebeccas cool wedding-well actually sweltering and here are new events to promote-My book has sold out its first printing!
My party was fantastic! Here are a couple pictures but go to the below links for moreA Huge Thank you to all my friends who attended my Book Launch Party
We had a grand time writing on two huge panels-one my graffiti artist friends and the other my SfC friends-the graff artists came after the SfCers and added their own special type of lettering-its funny because we really are all letter geeks and talk the same language! If you'd like to see pictures of the party please go to www.craftside.typepad.com or http://www.flickr.com/photos/delpintoartworks/ ( I also have photos on my Flickr site)

If you missed the event please join me next Saturday night in Santa Ana at the First Saturday Artist's Village Open Studios at the Art Bar. I'll be signing books and demonstrating something calligraphic at the Art Bar-downstairs at 207 N. Broadway! This is a very cool evening out-All the artists studios are open and there's live music and great restaurants . For more info please go to www.theartbar.net or www.aplaceforart.org
Heres more info on that...
 

The Artists Village Open House
Is always the first Saturday of every month. Come rain, shine, or holiday, the event will always take place between 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Parking can be found in the 'Artists Village Parking Structure' at Third Street and Broadway. Walk through the galleries and studios, see a live performance or just hang out and enjoy the music. It is FREE and you always have a great time. The Open House schedule for 2008 is: September 6,
October 4, November 1, and December 6.

Browse the galleries. Stop in on a studio. See a work of art come to life. In Santa Ana, you'll find art in all stages. Sometimes you find exactly what you've been looking for. You always find something you weren't.


Barnes and Noble, Marina Pacifica, Long Beach will be hosting an Artist Trading Card Workshop on Saturday, September 13th 12-5. This is a marvelous DIY make it and take it event-all supplies are free and there's plenty of cool new reference books to look through. Free refreshments, Freebies and goodie bags. You are welcome to bring ATCs to trade or come make some to trade. Marina Pacifica Shopping Center, 6326 East PCH, Long Beach, 562-431-2253 I will be signing books and demonstrating from 1 till 3-(You are welcome to bring your book to be signed )

Thank you all for your continued support! Lisa Engelbrecht

2 comments:

Dawn E. Shepherd Nguyen said...

Lisa - I TOTALLY will do a camp craft with you - Let's BURN in 2009!!! I was SOOOO checking out the Burning Man web site yesterday too...email me!!

Mary lin Huskamp said...

Hope all is going well today! I LOVE your book. I have almost worn it out going back and forth looking at all your WONDERFUL techniques!!!

xoxox