Monday, November 4, 2013

Boise IDAHOOOO!

WHAT A wonderful weekend in beautiful Boise! I have never been to Boise or Idaho for that matter and I was just so amazed at how wonderful it is! It started out a bit rough with a plane delay that got me to my lecture a bit late -but no matter-everyone totally understood-I met my host and hostess for the weekend-they were so great! Karen and Charles have a beautiful house-they bailed from California to Boise and LOve it! Oh and I met their baby Bunny the cat-who was my new best friend!

SELFIE!!

The two day workshop was called Charming Chaos and it went really well! here are some samples -of course Ive posted so many more on this link to my Flickr page! my Flickr Photo site link is www.flickr.com/photos/25736261@N00/\





SPECIAL thanks go to Dave Kuwahara who organized the workshop for me-and took us on a wonderful tour of Downtown Boise where we saw the incredible sign work of Noel Webber-heres just a taste-There were signs everywhere by him!  he does incredible chipped glass gilding on glass too that I tried to capture but couldnt really-you just have to go there or maybe take a workshop form Noel at a Lettering conference soon we hope!



We then went to the Boise Museum of art where one of my favorite artists,  Kehinde Wiley had a show and an awesome exhibit by a fiber artist-Have I told you lately I have the best job in the world?? NEXT I will report on my weekend in Cambria-more wonders there!!

No comments: